Tuesday, 27 May 2014

wondering questions...

Oh I am just so happy with this idea.....'wondering questions' as we begin to explore avenues of exploration around bugs (I'm sorry I can't call them minibeasts!). I've collected all of our wondering questions onto one large sheet and put them up on display at little person height. Nothing different there from my usual practice.

However this time I have located them in the reading area with an invitation to the littles to use the information texts to help others to find the answers to their wondering questions if they could. They are able to then write the answers onto sticky notes and match them up to the original question. Such a simple idea not sure why I haven't thought of it before. Usually our questions are in our big book or on our learning wall out of little person reach.

I'm going to see what happens and we'll aim to challenge ourselves to answer them all in the next few weeks before summer break.

Of course I'll be sharing here.

 

2 comments:

  1. It's a super idea. Great as a reminder for what you're looking for but also fantastic in setting up a challenge to find out the answers. I really like it and will plan to try something similar in Nursery. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to know how you get on :) our questions are filling up with answers. I'll post an update in the next few days with our next steps.

    ReplyDelete